Fay

Fay

Friday 3 October 2014

Looking back at Pakistan

Overall impressions of Pakistan:

Pakistan has so much to offer tourists - majestic peaks, snow capped mountains, somber rocky cliffs, lush green pastures, rolling hills, ancient history, pride in their country, gratitude for assistance given to them, remembrance with reverence of assistance given in the past.

It is also a frustrating place. Pakistan has so many untapped resources; if only the people could learn to cooperate with each other, there would be a route out of their third world status.

Pakistan is a raw country, that is part of its essence. Things will change and develop but I hope that as they do Pakistan does not loose it's edge. I am glad we came and glad we came when we did. Would I recommend others to come here? For the scenery yes. It may not be a holiday for beach lovers or even a holiday at all, it is an experience and one we will not forget.

Two things I wish I brought with me, one which I stupidly forgot by leaving it in the door pocket of Fay, was my she wee and secondly, my proper good walking boots. Due to size and weight I had decided against these in favour of walking trainers.

Also I am glad we did Pakistan with a guide. We have seen things and had access to places that alone we would have missed. We also considerably reduced the need to worry about where to eat or whether to drink the water. If Karim orders Coke for everyone, we know to avoid to water. His network of information has kept us safe, not just form what he calls "nervousness" but also from weather and landslides. He has provided armed guards when he thought fit and drivers well accustomed to the road conditions, most of which are not for those of a nervous disposition.

So yes Pakistan is a good to visit but it is not for the faint hearted.

No comments:

Post a Comment