Fay

Fay

Sunday 18 January 2015

Back on the Atlantic coast

Fri 16th Jan

Having left the carpark before breakfast, we decide to stop at San Vincent for coffee and toast. This place is the corner of Portugal, it is where the Med and the Atlantic meet. Today, that meeting is certainly not an amicable one! The waves crash high up the cliffs, then swirl round in every direction making more white foam than a packet of Fairy Snow. The wind howls and the rain lashes. Is this preparation for home?

We continue on, exploring as we go. We are liking Portugal, even if it is a bit crowded. Tonight will have to be a campsite night. Sometimes, practical things like the need to empty the loo, overcome our preference to wild camp.

Sat 17th Jan

Today, I was a big whimp. Having been feeling a bit under the weather since we were in Chefchouan, today I gave in and stopped arguing about staying put for a day to rest. Rest? It sounds ridiculous, I haven't worked for nearly six months, what is there to rest from? Richard has been lovely; nursing me well, with kindness and a degree of nagging, about not drinking enough! Are these hidden talents sign of a missed vocation?!!

I am cross with myself, though. I don't want to spoil our last week.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely journal entry. Sorry that you feel unwell - I'm sure it's a psychosomatic symptom of your pending return home.

    We're heading down to the Algarve and the Alentejo in our trusty VW LT Westfalia Florida later in the spring and will look for your tyre marks!

    Bon voyage

    ReplyDelete